Remember getting a gold or silver star on your homework papers in grade school? Well, writers who read each other’s blog posts do something similar – they nominate those they admire for the One Lovely Blog Award. It’s not a gold star. It’s a red heart and looks like this:
In October, two admirable authors nominated me. Thank you to authors Kathy Pooler and Mary Gottschalk. In November, notable writer Joan Rough nominated me, so it is high time to acknowledge this honor and pass on the baton. I consider all three of these writers my mentor/encouragers.
Name and thank those who nominated you.
Share 7 things about yourself that others may not know.
Nominate 15 bloggers (or as many as you like) to whom you would like to pass on the nomination.
7 Little-Known Facts about Me:
- I don’t wear false teeth.
- My hair was not cut until I was 26 years old.
- I’m still married to my first blind date.
- My first engagement ring was flushed down the commode by our 3-year-old daughter. She doesn’t remember. I forgave. She was only three.
- One summer after college I traveled to 47 states with a friend from college. I had no idea then that my husband-to-be was living in the Pacific Northwest.
- One winter a snowboarder hit me while skiing. I became a pretzel, untwisted myself, and stood up again, wobbly but unharmed. I thank God and Mr. Pilates.
- First time in over 30 years I haven’t washed the windows in my house. (They didn’t crack or hit me with blinding light.)
My nominees come from South Africa, Australia, and all over the United States. Two are men, who I hope are not too shy to accept an award with a red heart in it. Note: I did not nominate those whom others have named.
These nominees may choose to participate or not. Also, there is no pressure to respond immediately. Remember, it’s taken me more than a month! Just know that I admire your writing and want to honor you in this way:
My Nominations (in random order):
Gwendolyn Plano http://www.gwenplano.com/
Susan Scott http://www.gardenofedenblog.com/
Diane Reed http://dianereedwiter.wordpress.com
Judy Berman http://earth-rider.com/
Steve Piscitelli http://stevepiscitelli.wordpress.com/
Debby Gies http://dgkayewriter.com
Jennifer Simpson http://jennsmidlifecrisis.wordpress.com/
J. T. Weaver http://jtweaverblog.wordpress.com/
What blogger not on the list would you like to recognize? Tell us please.
Coming next: The 200th Post Mark with Julie and Julia